Old April 15th 04, 04:16 AM
John Ward

Hi Al,

Fascinating, and great to see The Doc's "overcoming it" (I don't say
that lightly, Doc' !!).

Have you two guys ever had a squizz at alt.games.microsoft.flight-sim?

Regards,
John
"Al Denelsbeck" wrote in message
. 6...
"Dr. Anthony J. Lomenzo" wrote in
:

Allll! And we'll quickly make that Al 'D' ! Mea culpa! Mea maxima
culpa!

Not a problem. I mean, c'mon, look at that name! It's been mangled by
everyone who ever hears it, and these are people who just heard me
pronounce it. There's a reason I don't market my work under it... ;-)

[suddenly!]

Greasy: "How the $##$# does some 'pagan agnostic' [!] like that Doc
Tony character savvy Latin I wanna' know!"

Fr. Bill [tongue in cheek] : "Agnostics are not necessarily dumb, Mr.
G, ... merely lost!"

Agnosticism?!?!? What kind of approach is that? Of *course* you're
lost - atheism is the only way! ;-)

;-) [*And trusting mightily in Fr. Bill's decent sparks [read: well
working neurons] and his known sense of humor!]

Anyway, AL! I've missed you, buddy, and I appreciated your comments
[and various others in both the RAS and RAP av groups some months back
when my Dad passed and I did the 'Final Flight' post...ohhh yes...many
real McCoy pilots here from RAP [rec.av.piloting]...you, Pete Duniho
[who I'll respond to as well...and the others who also enjoy flight
sims and their known 'adjunctive' value to the real thing [ A Sudden
Voice! 'There Doc goes again!']. Where I came up with Al
B...dunno...could be another one of the sim and/or real McCoy gang!

Whoops! Ah, I suspect you really *are* thinking of Al B., somewhere.
No 'real world' pilot here, though I've been in instruction a couple of
times, just couldn't keep money and time auto-coordinated. As they (who?)
say, "I'm not a pilot, but I play one on PC".

Missed you too, amigo, and was wondering what happened. Glad to see
you back and in previous form. Gonna make me start hanging out here again.
I might also suggest you check out alt.binaries.pictures.aviation from

time
to time, too, warning you right now it's addictive. But recently there's
been a few posts of your six-n-four there, including the prototype without
the four.

Hey Al---the helo 'Bluesmobile' --ring a bell? It should ... since you
designed it and I still marvel at your helo stuff [and antics] both
sim and real deal! But then what can be said about a man who felt that
taking off from Meigs with a fully loaded albeit vintage B-36 '6
turnin' and 4 burnin' "Peacemaker" was 'doable' if one had faith in
both pilot and machine! It was, I believe, at 'that' point where Fr.
Bill made with the ad hoc and prior to your attempt .... 'De
Profundis' ! [*'Out of the depths' ].

You'd be interested in knowing that the Bluesmobile still resides on
my machine too, as my agile little taxiway-hopper. A little sensitive, but
not squirrelly. 'Course, I have a few other custom repaints too...

I think I mentioned last time about doing the old C-130 carrier
landings, quite amusing. Also found out recently that, due to body and
landing gear designs, the B-52 doesn't actually rotate on takeoff, and
can't. The wing is mounted at a positive angle-of-attack, and the pilot
merely builds speed until lift is achieved while held level. Haven't found
a sim model yet that duplicates that (we won't go into what version FS I'm
using...). But I admit to not trying it out of Meigs ;-)

Oh, and scenery woes. Found a couple of detailed packages for my
stomping grounds here in Florida, but they're mutually exclusive due to
buffer limits. Grrrrrr! Real shame, because I like them both and fly
between them often.

But other things have been keeping me busier too, so simming comes in
only occasionally. What I'm doing admitting this on a simming newsgroup is
anybody's guess...

So in closing, I'll leave you with the immortal words of our fearless
leader: "Joey, do you like movies about gladiators?"

- Al.

--
To reply, insert dash in address to separate G and I in the domain