Old November 19th 08, 10:26 PM posted to rec.aviation.piloting

Default Hit and Run ?? Kamikazi and Run ??

On Nov 17, 5:00*pm, "Morgans" wrote:
"Darkwing" theducksmail"AT"yahoo.com wrote

Looks like a job for Mythbusters. I thinking behind this is drunks and
kids might not tense up in a crash so they tend to be more like a ragdoll
and not end up hurt. I think these claims are probably more myth than
reality though.

*Not really; that is I think there is a lot of reality in the myth! g

I have a friend that came around a sharp blind curve and was met by a single
rear axle county dump truck in her lane. *She had enough time to tense up
and brace herself against the steering wheel with her arms. *She broke both
wrists. *Ouch!

Now, if this had been a drunk, the reaction times to figure out what to do,
and to do it, would not have taken place - at least in time.

The result would have been no bracing, no broken wrists, but a bruised up
face from hitting the steering wheel.

Ask some EMS first responders about their experiences with drunk drivers,
and their injuries in severe wrecks. *They will have plenty of tales about
how drunks avoid injury by bouncing around during a wreck.
--
Jim in NC

Why wasn't she wearing a seat belt? With a shoulder belt your face
wouldn't hit the steering wheel...