Old July 26th 16, 10:04 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Martin Gregorie[_5_]

Default ASW19 Tail Dolly

On Tue, 26 Jul 2016 12:35:26 -0700, navigateoh wrote:

SItuation:

I bought an ASW-20 in late April, and I broke the tail dolly. It sheared
along a glue line, and I assess that a repair involving bolts and more
glue will not work well, as the shape may not fit after such a repair.

FYI same tail dolly dimensions:

ASW-20 ASW-19 Pegase (Pegasus)

Disagree. The Pegase was said to have a (slightly) bigger diameter tail
boom than a 20 to make the boom a bit stronger. To see if this was true I
tried putting my ASW-20 dolly on the club's Pegase 90 and it wouldn't
close. My guess is that the Peg's boom is somewhere between 3-5mm bigger
in diameter, enough that the fit of either half on the boom made me feel
that forcing the dolly shut would be a really bad idea.

It might be possible to use a Peg dolly on a 19 or 20 by installing
newer, thicker lining felt, but it might also be quite a hassle getting
the thickness right.

--
martin@ | Martin Gregorie
gregorie. | Essex, UK