Old January 13th 11, 08:18 AM posted to rec.aviation.military,sci.military.naval,rec.aviation.military.naval
dott.Piergiorgio

Default China's stealth jet -J-20

Il 12/01/2011 20:24, Malcolm ha scritto:

I have an update anyway - spoke to my neighbour about an hour ago and
mentioned this thread. He told me that after a visit from some security
people they said they thought likely that it dated from WWII. The BAC
works at Filton were of course involved in producing the Bristol
Blenheim and Bristol Beaufighters as well as repairing damaged aircraft
so it is quite possible that the aerial was something to do with
espionage then. Who knows.

*Really* who knows... AFAIK, WWII brit radio counterintelligence was on
par with WWII radio intelligence, implying that if was actually a german
clandestine radio, surely ended rather short-lived, and not discovered
50 or so years later; I also strongly suspect that this "is a WWII
thing" official interpretation is much more of a CYA than a cover-up....

Best regards from Italy,
dott. Piergiorgio.