Old January 18th 18, 08:25 AM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
krasw

Default More 3's?

torstai 18. tammikuuta 2018 5.14.33 UTC+2 kirjoitti:
You will need an ASG-33 not to outfly a V3 - but the JS-3. The V3 and JS-1c (18m) match each other with the same wingloading as seen in Chile yesterday - and the JS-3 is a decade newer than the JS-1.....

Maybe I am just biased being a South African - but I am thinking the Germans have some catching up to do in the next few years. The JS-3 is going to be unbeatable in 15m and 18m Classes - and the JS-1c will still be very competitive in the Open Class in any competition. This advantage will be even greater where wingloading is a factor (strong days) and especially where it's weight that's limited, and not wingloading (like the Sailplane GrandPrix).

Sebastian Kawa commented that V3 was much better in final glide, and it was quite obvious just by watcing races. No doubt engineers at Schleicher are at drawing board as we speak. Currently only interesting thing is how V3 and JS3 compares, JS1 and '29 belong to previous generation.