Old December 31st 03, 07:19 AM
Yofuri

Shucks, I had forgotten we had snow here at Whidbey. Today is the first
snowfall in six years, and it's melting tonight.

No big EMI problem. The isolated power systems for the main bangers largely
keep it away from the aircraft's internal circuitry. The RATS eat the EMI,
in other words. I'm sure the gold-plated canopy will still be required,
though.

Rick

--
My real e-mail address is:

"Elmshoot" wrote in message
The next issue is why keep them at Whidbey (except for airspace and
whole lot of other reasons not the least of which is Elk hunting and
steelhead fishing) ;^

Ah I remember it well. The VAQ-35 Ops Rod and Gun club. The wind would be
howling snow flurries coming down at an 85 degree angle. These knuckel

heads
would show up at work. Get the 75 minutes of work that they would spend

all day
doing done in about 60 minutes. And then ask if they could go out and lay

in a
freshly harvested corn field and wait for a duck to fly over.....
At least the squadron picknic later that month was interesting when the
bachelors would show up with a meat dish. The Wives Club girls from the

big
city would be scarfing down huge quanities of duck or some other animal of

the
wild until they learned the truth. I though one or two was going to puke

on the
spot.

Back to the subject... What happens to the fly by wire jet when the master

bad
is turned on? Can you say EMI?