Old March 27th 06, 01:33 AM posted to rec.aviation.piloting

Default Fact or satirical fiction?

The controlling visibility, once a flight is at or past the
FAF, is flight visibility. If the pilot can see the
required distance, he has minimums and can land. Commercial
operations can't make the approach to "look see" unless the
reported visibility is above minimums, but can continue if
at/past the FAF. Part 91 can fly the approach in any
condition, but must have the required items identified at DH
and have the flight visibility to land.

--
James H. Macklin
ATP,CFI,A&P

some support

"John Gaquin" wrote in message

| wrote in message
|
| Flight Conditions: IMC; apparent ceiling 200 ft
| ILS Approach Min: 200 ft ceiling and 3/8 mi visibility
|
| It's been a while since I flew, but are ILS minimums now
as shown above?