Old April 12th 06, 09:58 PM posted to rec.aviation.ifr

Default Circle to Land @ KRBG

Al wrote:
At our home field, KRBG, Roseburg, Oregon, we use left traffic for both ends
of our RWY 34-16. The approach procedures cite "Circling east of the rwy
34-16 centerline not authorized". What do I do when I break out, and have
to "circle west of the centerline for RWY 16", while VFR traffic is flying
the normal left traffic(east of centerline) for RWY16?

I don't claim to be an expert on this subject, but what the heck this is usenet.

I'd say the statement on the chart about circling east not authorized, which is
regulatory, trumps the VFR traffic pattern, which is AFAIK not regulatory, but a
matter of custom established by the airport management.

That's my analysis, what's urinalysis?

Dave