Old September 27th 06, 05:39 AM posted to rec.aviation.ifr
Mike Adams[_2_]

Default How to back out FPL changes on GNX-480?

Roy Smith wrote:

BTW, congrats on the IR, Ron. I was starting to wonder if you'd ever
get around to it :-)

Yes, I'll echo that. Congratulations. I didn't realize you have a 480 in the Navion. I have a 480 as well, and
am very happy with it. I got the IR a few years ago, and I've often wondered whether it would be easier or
harder with the GPS. At the time I did the rating I just had two Nav/com's and ADF, so was limited to the
traditional approach types. GPS approaches are definitely easier than non-precision NDB approaches,
and checking cross radials with a VOR is definitely a lot more work. OTOH, with the GPS you can get
fixated on the button pushing and get tangled up in getting the box set up the way you want it.

Another handy function on that main flight plan page is the ability to Reverse your flight plan. For simple
point to point VFR flying, that turns out to be quite convenient.

Mike