Old October 2nd 06, 05:37 PM posted to rec.aviation.piloting
Mxsmanic

Default Is every touchdown a stall?

Dylan Smith writes:

There's more than one way to land an aircraft, though. Take, for
example, a tailwheel aircraft. You can land it in the 'three point'
attitude (the mains and tailwheel touching down pretty much
simultaneously) - which is often called a 'stall landing'. You're not
quite actually stalled when this happens - the three point attitude in
all the tailwheel planes I've flown has been slightly below the stall
angle of attack.

It sounds very difficult. I take it this is where the expression
"three-point landing" for a difficult task successfully accomplished
came from?