Old October 2nd 06, 06:06 PM posted to rec.aviation.piloting
Peter Duniho

Default Is every touchdown a stall?

"Dave Doe" wrote in message
. nz...
The original point was ('in reply to'txt also shown):
"
2) The descent rate depends on many factors, but if the aircraft is
flying, it is not landing.

If the aircraft is flying and descending, it is landing.
"

It was my aim to point out that this is not correct - in the sense and
context that I read it (which is that the plane has good flying speed
(is well above stall)).

You inferred quite a lot in the point to which you replied that simply
wasn't there, IMHO. No one said anything about the plane's airspeed being
"well above stall".

While the poster can probably put the C182 in MSFS on the ground at
100kts, or even 75kts - this doesn't happen in the real world.

BTW, most of your post, Pete, was totally unecessary and well off topic.

Even if one accepts your obviously strict concept of "on topic", the only
reason you think my reply was "off topic" is that you didn't understand the
original statement to which you were replying.

However you read it the way you like, just don't expect another reply
ok.

Why would I expect another reply? Frankly, I'm always surprised at how deep
other people feel it necessary to dig their holes. Fewer replies would be a
blessing.

Pete