Old July 20th 07, 12:48 AM posted to rec.aviation.military.naval
Dave[_6_]

Default Climbing on board a fighter

Ed Rasimus wrote in
:

On Thu, 19 Jul 2007 05:38:57 GMT, Dave wrote:

I used to work at OMD in B'wick ('70 - '73), and helped many an aircrew
load lobsters, into everything from a C-118 with no seats, to an A-37
Tweet.

Dave in San Diego

While I was serving in purgatory (Willie Air Patch flogging a T-37
with UPT students--a reward for my F-105 tour), we often would take a
Tweet on a Friday afternoon out-and-back to Navy North Island.

Hop on the ferry (AKA "nickel-snatcher") because this was before the
Coronado Bridge and hit the fish market. Pack up some fresh seafood in
a styrofoam box with dry ice and RTB to Willie in time for a nice
evening fish-fry and drink-a-thon.

Junior guy got to ride in the right seat with the box on his lap.

Oh, this was a single pilot. We put lobsters in the gun tub, individually
bagged, to let them fit better, and then we filled a nylon laundry bag as
full as we could, and strapped it into the right seat so as not to
interfere with flight controls, and he was off into the wild blue.

BTW, what/where's Willie Air Patch? That's a new one on me.

Dave in San Diego