Old September 21st 03, 02:49 PM
Kevin Brooks

"John Keeney" wrote in message ...
"Kevin Brooks" wrote in message
om...
"John Keeney" wrote in message

Most common reply when asking folks working up the Stryker
their opinion: "It tolls real nice."

Tolls?

snicker Excuse me, "It [tows] real nice."

The bad thing is, I knew something was wrong when I wrote it; I just
couldn't figure out what it was.

That was my guess as to the meaning, but I was not sure, having once
observed the results when a Cat 621B scraper humming along at 30-35
MPH clipped a toll/security booth in Honduras...it most definitely did
*not* "toll real nice"! g Looked like a bomb had hit that concrete
structure (luckily it was empty at the time). But hey, if the Stryker
tows well, that is just another advantage over the M1A1 in the early
entry role--'cause the M1A1 is a bitch to tow, straining the
capabilities of even the M88 series recovery vehicles.

Brooks