Old May 12th 14, 09:21 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring

Default Restoring Expired Registration

On Monday, May 12, 2014 4:12:02 PM UTC-4, LongJourney wrote:
On Monday, May 12, 2014 2:39:26 PM UTC-5, LongJourney wrote:

On Monday, May 12, 2014 2:37:09 PM UTC-5, wrote:

On Monday, May 12, 2014 2:32:25 PM UTC-4, LongJourney wrote:

I searched the archives of RAS but didn't find anything on this. If an aircraft owner fails to re-register the registration and the FAA shows it expired on their website, what is required to get the registration restored and has anybody had this experience? How painful was it?

I'm not in this situation, but may be looking at a glider with expired registration.

Thanks,

Jeff

The FAA website has guidance on this. If it has been out of register long enough, the number may have been reassigned. This make the job more complicated because a new airworthiness certificate will be needed.

UH

I was unable to find any information on restoring the registration other than calling the FSDO.

Thanks,

Jeff

Okay, I found it in a pdf file on the FAA website.

SUSPENSION OR REVOCATION OF CERTIFICATE.

Noncompliance with Federal Aviation Regulation 47.51 (which requires submission to the FAA of a triennial report on AC Form (8050-73) may result in revocation or suspension of the registration certificate. After an Order of Revocation has been issued, the last registered owner may reregister the aircraft by submission of a new aircraft registration application and $5. A new owner may

register the aircraft by submission of evidence of ownership,application, and $5.

I would still be interested in any personal experiences, e.g., how ling the process took, how much of a headache, etc.

Thanks,

Jeff

If no clinkers it will take 3- 4 weeks. The "standard" target turnaround time in OK city is 15 working days.
If clinkers, it can take months, and many turnaround cycles and I do not over state this.
UH