Old November 22nd 09, 01:12 AM posted to rec.aviation.owning
Ron Wanttaja[_2_]

Default Zenith Zodiac 601XL

vaughn wrote:

Oops! I did not mean to imply that there would be shakeout "because of this".
I was talking about the fact that there are a lot of LSA manufacturers. Chances
are, 5 years from now they will not all still be standing. There will be
winners, there will be losers, and there will be a few in between. The way I
understand the LSA regulations, you do *not* want to own an LSA made by a
company that no longer exists.

You're actually better off, in the pure ownership regard. If the
company goes under, you switch your plane to Experimental LSA and you
can use whatever parts you wish.

It does keep you from renting out the plane or any other commercial use,
if that had been your intent.

Ron Wanttaja