Old March 17th 07, 02:15 PM posted to rec.aviation.rotorcraft
Steve R

Default fixed wing or rotary wing?

Thanks B4RT, I appeciate the input. The rotor inertia issue Robinson's has
always bothered me a little but more and more folks are earning their
tickets in them so who knows.

"B4RT" wrote in message

"Steve R" wrote in message
So does that mean if a student is training in something other than a
Robinson, then the numbers originally quoted are possible by regulation?

Yes, but it hardly really matters. The Robinson SFAR is not a practical
limitation because you're not likely to be a safe enough pilot to solo in
less time/training than the SFAR prescribes.

That being the case, I don't see why the FAA doesn't just apply the regs to
everybody as apposed so singleing out one manufacturer.

As for the FAA saving Robinson's tail from litigation, is seems to me that
putting a reg out there that's targets them specifically would have made
them even more of a target for litigation hungry lawyers. They'd say,
"SEE...these birds are so unsafe that even the government had to enact
special regulations against them!!!"

It's hard to tell sometimes.

Fly Safe,
Steve R.