Old December 23rd 07, 11:37 AM posted to rec.aviation.homebuilt
cavelamb himself[_4_]

Default Aircraft design tool ?

flash wrote:
Yeah, something missing, for sure.

http://sketchup.google.com/index.html

Take that, Usenet!

Flash

"flash" wrote in message

My brother, who is into woodworking, pointed this out to me. I wonder if
it is of any use to aircraft designers?

There is a free version and a pay-for-play, but they both seem to be
competent, capable things. Anybody else even seen this??

How about it, VeeDuber?

Flash

Ah, ok. I see waht you are talking about now.

I like this one a lot better.
http://www.imsidesign.com/Products/D...1/Default.aspx

Version 18 3D MAX is at Frys for $69.

It doesn't HAVE to have a really hot computer to run properly.
(But it of course helps - 2Ghz cpu, 2 Gig Ram is nice)

I ran version 2000 on 500 mhz AMD K6 for several years - quite satisfactory.

The deal is, you see, for AIRPLANES (and boats) you really need cubic
spline curves. Without that, you got nothing but houses...

Richard

Some examples?

aircraft:
http://www.home.earthlink.net/~cavelamb/l-one.htm