Old September 25th 05, 09:42 PM
Rob

Yep,

The annual inspection is complete when the log book is filled out.
It does not have to pass, just the inspection has to be complete.

If there are items that need to be attended to, those items can be
completed prior the end of the inspection, then the inspection is
complete and the aircraft is deemed airworthy.

Or the logbook can be signed off with the unairworthy items noted and
the inspection is complete, but unairworthy.

A&P can bring the aircraft up to snuff.

Dave

No Spam wrote:
On 9/20/05 19:28, "Bob Noel" wrote:

In article ,
"RST Engineering" wrote:

[a bunch of stuff snipped]

(S)he cannot sign off the annual inspection. 43.11 (a)(5) is quite specific
as to what has to happen when the aircraft is inspected and not found
airworthy. If you have another section of the regs that countermands this
section, please post it. Otherwise I maintain that the inspection is
neither complete nor current.

Maybe I haven't followed this thread well enough. Are you saying that
an Annual Inspection is not complete and valid if there is a list of
unairworthy items given to the owner? I don't mean to imply that the
aircraft is airworthy or "in annual", rather that the inspection was
finished and that any appropriate A&P could sign off the repair of
those unairworthy items (as appropriate), right? (In this case I'm
asking about a hypothetical case, not the specific stuff earlier in
the thread).

thanks

That's what I thought, Bob. Hopefully someone in the know will confirm this.

- Don
When once you have tasted flight, you will forever walk the earth with
your eyes turned skyward, for there you have been, and there you will
always long to return. - Leonardo da Vinci

I believe that it's FAR 91.7 that makes the annual inspection _process_
"complete". It says that:

(a) No person may operate a civil aircraft unless it is in an airworthy
condition.
(b) The pilot in command of a civil aircraft is responsible for
determining whether that aircraft is in condition for safe flight. The
pilot in command shall discontinue the flight when unairworthy
mechanical, electrical, or structural conditions occur.

The PIC has the the onus of ensuring that only airworthy airplanes get
flown, not the inspector.

-R