Old May 19th 05, 03:23 PM

I don't think anyone will be able to answer that. At the end of the day
it depends on why you're pursuing the rating in the first place. If
it's something you're doing because you're planning a career or because
everyone keeps telling you that you should, then that could be the
reason. Some pilots never pursue the IR because they either don't have
an interest, or it's not a good investment given that they may not use
it enough to remain current and proficient. If you're pursuing aviation
as a career then it's essentially a necessity, which could mean that
you're not really excited about it, but it's a required step. Maybe you
don't like the regimented nature of the rating or hate not being all to
enjoy the view. Maybe it's your instructor. Did you start the IR
immediately after completing the PPL and before having an opportunity
to fly around as a VFR only pilot?

For me the IR was certainly a challenge, but one I wanted to accept
because I was ready for it. It was a great learning experience, but
like the private there were days that were frustrating and were not fun
at all. But overall I had a great time.

Dave