Old May 29th 05, 04:34 PM
Jim Burns

http://www.aeroelectric.com/articles/sos_v3.pdf

Is a wiring dia. for shower of sparks type install.
Jim

"Jim Burns" wrote in message
I was thinking along the same lines Michelle was. Are your mags shower of
sparks type? Could it be that your mags need timing? It sounds like
"something" doesn't work when it's cold, and refuses to work until it's re
started and warm. Impulse coupling was my first guess, but on our Aztec's
Bendix S-200's have shower of sparks, so I'm thinking maybe it could be

your
shower of sparks vibrator for one mag.

Jim

"Michelle P" wrote in message
ink.net...
Frank,
I thought about this a while. The best I can come up with is one mag is
mis-firing and your cyl 5/6 engine monitor sensors are reversed. Have
you checked the impulse coupling on the magneto(s)?
Michelle

Frank Ch. Eigler wrote:

Hi -

Very rarely, one of the 6-cylinder Lycoming IO-540's in my Aztec acts
up after startup. There is a fair amount of vibration, and a high MP
(20") for the resting 1000rpm, and if the engine monitor is turned on,
it shows three of the six cylinder (1, 3, 6) not making any heat.
Turning on the electric boost pump, playing with the magnetos,
mixture, throttle, all seem to not help.

After a shutdown and a minute's rest, a subsequent startup is usually
perfect, with all cylinders firing well throughout the runup and
flight. Post-flight visual inspection of the cylinders appears
normal.

Does this set of signs ring a bell toward a possible explanation?

- FChE