Old February 1st 07, 04:50 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Eric Greenwell

Default what features are in the next generation of flight computers

wrote:
Voice recognition. Able to accept and reply to voice commands. Input
and change flight declarations/turnpoints/turnpoint diameter/McCready
setting, etc all by voice commands. Voice command to radio to allow
frequence change and volume change.

I'd love this for winter flying so I don't have to take my gloves off to
use the PDA or change frequencies. Even better if I could say "Yakima
ATIS" or "Pasco approach" instead giving saying "125.65", etc.

--
Eric Greenwell - Washington State, USA
* "Transponders in Sailplanes"
* "A Guide to Self-launching Sailplane Operation" at www.motorglider.org