Old February 9th 04, 10:51 PM
Tim Mara

Generally PZL instruments can be pretty good, but I'm no longer going to
carry the PZL compasses.....they are impossible to warranty here and can and
often have leaked in the past. the normal panel mounted PZL compass seems to
be OK but the little LI-13AK seems to have more problems and PZL does not
answer any email or messages I ahve sent to them.
Tim
www.wingsandwheels.com

"Ray Lovinggood" wrote in message
Kirk,

Tom Knauff used to carry them, but I don't see it on
his web site now. You could always call and see if
he has one.

Tim Mara's web site still shows it there. You could
call him, too.

I haven't checked John Murray's Eastern Sailplane site
or the LS folks in Canada.

I still have my 'brand new' little PZL compass in the
box under my bed. Why under the bed? I still haven't
figured out where to put it! It would be nice if I
could mount it temporarily in different places before
I go and cut something I wish I hadn't.

And it's too cold here to go waxing anything!

Ray Lovinggood
Carrboro, North Carolina, USA

At 18:36 09 February 2004, Kirk Stant wrote:
I'm looking for a PZL KI-13A compass to replace mine
that has become
almost unuseable - the plastic window has clouded and
the numbers
cannot be read very easily anymore (understatement!).

Anyone out there have one sitting on a shelf gathering
dust? I know,
what do I need a compass for...well, my equipment list
says I need
one, and being an old Air Force navigator I kind of
like having it
there to remind me of how horrible it was in those
pre-GPS days!

And the little KI-13A is the only compass I can squeeze
onto my LS6
panel (I refuse to put one on top, where it hides the
towplane, and
makes reflections in the canopy).

I checked all the US and Canadian dealers - no luck.
Either they are
really popular, or really crap and aren't made anymore!
And the
manufacturer in Poland won't answer my emails to them,
despite a nice
website showing the compass in all it's glory (at
http://www.pzl.com.pl/en/produkty.html).

Anyway, can anyone help? How about it, Janusz, how
about waking up
your countymen and tell them to answer their mail?

Kirk
Off to the gliderport to wax my wings