Old June 25th 04, 05:24 AM
Eric Greenwell

Well, that time it did let me use the bogus email address!

In article ,
o says...
OK, since you have to know...

Charter, my regular ISP (cable company), doesn't have dial-up access
that can be used when I'm traveling. While traveling, I use a free ISP
(
www.access-4-free.com) to connect to the Internet for email and web
stuff, but it doesn't have newsgroups. For that, I use a free German
server. So far, so good.

This setup works fine with the test groups, but for reasons that escape
me, I can get rec.aviation.soaring postings, but I can't post using
Netscape 7.1, my browser/email program. Everything works fine on the
"test" newsgroups.

I can get postings and post using my old newsgroup reader (Gravity), but
I can't use a bogus email address to fool spammers. Don't know why it is
so fussy. Sigh.

So, I am driven to do some testing on this group, since it's where I
have the problem. Please bear with me!

--
Eric Greenwell

--