Old December 27th 05, 10:47 AM posted to rec.aviation.owning

Default Ok, so what did people get for Christmas?

"Kobra" wrote in message
. ..

My wife bought me the new Lightspeed Mach 1 Light-flight headset which I
had expressed that I'd love to try out sometime. She wanted me to open
this present before Christmas so we would know if this is indeed something
I wanted. I obliged and we flew with the new headset on Christmas-eve.

PIREP: They were light and they were comfortable, BUT the engine noise
was not attenuated enough for my tastes and therefore it was very noisy
and distracting. The radio sound was low and I had to struggle to hear
all communications. The music quality was tinny and missing all the low
end tones. After you finish flying and remove the plugs you realize you
have a fist full of fine wires and ear plugs that you don't know what to
do with. If you just put it down the wires get all tangled and require
extra time and care to untangle and organize. With a headset you simply
remove it and drape it on the yoke or throttle. Also, it is NOT a robust
looking unit and it appears to be VERY delicate and easily broken. The
battery compartment door is especially difficult to open, the battery
requires a small tool to remove, the clips that hold the battery in looks
like they will break the first time you change the battery. It would have
been just a matter of weeks, not months, before I broke some part of this
thing. I couldn't return it fast enough. I'm sure Lightspeed will stand
behind this product as they do all their wares, but the benefits of this
unit did not out weigh (no pun intended) it's shortcomings. YMMV.

Kobra

Many thanks for the pirep.
Season's greetings to all.