Old May 17th 14, 01:20 PM posted to alt.home.repair,sci.electronics.design,rec.aviation.piloting
Kurt Ullman

Default How does a wet cloth really help (scientifically) to survive an airplane crash?

In article ,
Stormin Mormon wrote:

I've taken some fire training courses. Halon is low
enough levels, that one can remain in the room. I've
seen movies of a test dump. The guy looked a bit
frieked out but was OK at the end of the movie.

Price I pay for relying on 30+ year old memories.

Halon works on the fourth side of the triangle,
sustained chemical reaction. Actually fire
tetrahedron.

One of my mentors suggested a fire pentahedron.
fuel, heat, oxidation material, chemical reaction, and Chief
Officers. You take any one away and the fire goes out.
--
³Statistics are like bikinis. What they reveal is suggestive,
but what they conceal is vital.²