Old September 13th 06, 03:00 PM posted to rec.aviation.piloting
Steven P. McNicoll[_1_]

Default NATCA Going Down in Flames

"Larry Dighera" wrote in message

Well, I believe Boeing and LocMart have already developed (and
deployed) modern ATC systems (probably superior to the existing FAA
stuff), so modernization could be much more rapid than if the FAA
developed and implemented something similar.

What have they developed and deployed? I know Lockheed Martin built Common
ARTS under an FAA contract, and I'm aware that Boeing has proposed new
systems but I'm unaware of anything they've got operating in the field.
:

You may be correct about the ultimate cost, but initially the
contractor would have to propose something reasonably priced to win
the bidding competition.

Why would privatization require any new equipment?