Old July 16th 03, 03:39 AM
Sydney Hoeltzli

Rochat wrote:

I have heard that Signtronics hat not a not a lot of audio power and
you have to push the levels to compensate + the Vox circuit is not
very precise, what is your opinion on those two points, did you
notice any differences form the SPA-400 ?

It has ample power to drive our headsets, the volume is turned
pretty low, I don't know what you mean by 'precise', it seems
to work well once the squelch is set.

It is quieter, with much better sound quality than SPA-400.
(I assume you mean, in addition to all the features SPA-400
doesn't have, like all/crew/pilot isolate settings, only
the mic of the person pushing the PTT transmits, dual music
inputs etc etc.

worked for more than 20 years as an electronic engineer I thought it was a
bit silly for PS to require I hire someone to install the intercom or have
the warranty voided! The Sigtronics unit also comes with the harness set,
making it a better buy for me.

This was a major selling point for us as well. We don't have your
work background but reasonable experience w/ electronics and electrical
wiring. And we're not too interested in having the local shops which
are "PSE dealers" work on our plane (in fact in one case I would shoot
first). It seemed silly to have to shell out hundreds of dollars for
a wiring harness we would probably half rebuild to suit our particular
circumstances, or have no warranty vs. 5 yrs no matter what.

Cheers,
Sydney