Old July 25th 03, 12:09 PM
David Megginson

Cub Driver writes:

What's happening? Torture, starvation, summary execution up against
the prison wall, burial in a mass grave?

I guess I wouldn't know about that. My only sources of information
are the Wall Street Journal and the New York Times.

Nope, but your government has approved secret military tribunals and
the suspension of Habeas Corpus and normal rules of evidence for any
foreigner or American they consider a terrorist suspect. That's a
little scary, since in theory, a pilot who busts anything could be
held indefinitely and tried secretly, without access to a lawyer or a
civilian court of law or even the ability to call home and say they're
alright. Hopefully, no one will abuse that power, but it's not a
power most free countries give to their military or law enforcement in
the first place.

All the best,

David

--