Old January 9th 04, 01:34 AM
Newps

We are leaving for Williston tomorrow afternoon because my oldest plays
hockey. I cannot believe my good luck in that the temps are forecast to
be low 30's thru the weekend. People don't go to Canada to shop, the
Canadians come to the USA because it is so much cheaper. We were in
Swift Currrent the weekend after Thanksgiving. $1.90 for gas and really
bad prices at the stores. NoDak is nice if you want a rural lifestyle
although the cost of living is way too high when you can get so much
more in Wyoming and Montana.

MRQB wrote:

Well during the Spring, Summer, And Fall it is a nice place to live. The
fishing is great $15.00 for a husband and wife fishing tag. no charge for
tiedowns. Being close to Canada when you go shopping you get a decent
exchange rate and there is a duty free shop about 10 miles away at the
border. There is also a golf course in the town for the people that play
golf.

"Newps" wrote in message

MRQB wrote:

Actually it is Minot or Williston and Estavan Canada 30 miles away has a
Wal-Mart and most any other thing you would like.

Having lived in North Dakota for a while that part of the state has
brutal weather. The simple fact you even have to state how close to
Canada you are pretty well sum up the crappiness of the location.