Old April 30th 04, 01:48 PM
Hank Nixon

"Matt" wrote in message ...
do they fall out of the sky when they get wet?

In a word-Yes
PIK is sensitive to rain and bugs but is a very good glider otherwise.
I used to wash mine with very soapy water solution and let it dry on
front 1/3 of wing. This would allow water to wet out and flow off
wing. Good for about 10 minutes in the rain.
Also found it climbed better if never sanded smoother than 400 grit on
leading edge area. When it stopped climbing, I just roughed it up a
bit.
Standard PIK alarm installation: Rain drop hits canopy- alarm says put
the gear down!
All joking aside they are good value for the money.
Good Luck UH