Old September 3rd 06, 02:00 AM posted to rec.aviation.piloting
Matt Barrow

Default Why don't voice radio communications use FM?

"Bob Noel" wrote in message
In article ,
Jim Logajan wrote:

That would definitely be a great solution, but that page was last updated
January 4, 2000. Do you or anyone else know if any further progress been
made or have the efforts died? (The links I could find all seemed to
dead-
end.)

VDL mode 2 will be coming Real Soon Now. Like all the recent CNS/ATM
mandates/changes (RVSM, 8.33, TCAS, FM immunity, TAWS, BRNAV, RNP-4,
etc etc), the move to VDL is happening way

"Sir? If the VP is such a VIP, then shouldn't we keep the PC on the QT?
Because if word leaks to the VC he could end up MIA and we'll all be put on
KP."