Old March 26th 07, 02:42 PM posted to rec.aviation.owning
Gig 601XL Builder

Default Annual Off to a Good Start

Mike Spera wrote:
Probably because no "airplane parts store" (including the highly
respected discounter o'them all, Chief) carries anything but
Phillips. .stuff snipped

I'm gonna replace stainless with stainless. They are a BIT harder
and don't rust up quite as bad. Stainless to speednut has never
been a problem insofar as I know.

.other stuff snipped

Now that we have broached the subject, where do you find stainless
threaded speed nuts. There are a pile of them used on Cherokees to
hold on the wing/stabilator tips (8-32 I believe). I have never been
able to get a source.

Anyone?

Thanks,
Mike

If one of these places don't have them they probably don't exsist.

http://www.gen-aircraft-hardware.com/

http://www.mcmaster.com/ (Not Aircraft but great none the less)