Old October 9th 03, 07:29 AM
Gordon

It is said that when
TA152s were in the air no Me262s were ever lost.

Not all Ta 152s were used in that role. JV 44s Fockes were 4 190D-9s
and a single 190D-11.

seems ridiculous to expect a mere handful of 190s to be able to protect
"Turbos", when every single "silberplatz" had been identified and targeted by
the Allies!

As far as performance was concerned the Ta 152 in 1945 was inferior to
the latest Mark of Spitfire under 30,000 ft. Between 30,000-35,000 ft
the aircraft were equal. Above 35,000 ft the Ta 152 was superior all
the way up to 50,000 ft!

Which pilot logged a flight to 50k in a Ta 152? Curious to know is all.

p.s. The Ta 152 was also fitted with a LGW-Siemens K23 autopilot to
reduce pilot fatigue.

Hmmmm. Most flights by this point in the war were not that long and the K22
and K23 notations I have seen in conjunction with single engine fighters is to
enhance their foul weather performance, as I see this autopilot included in the
"Schlechtwetterjäger" variants of various late war fighters.

Gordon
USN SAR Aircrew

"Got anything on your radar, SENSO?"
"Nothing but my forehead, sir."