Old August 1st 03, 11:49 PM
Mark Kolber

On 1 Aug 2003 10:02:44 -0700, (Michael) wrote:

IMC that is sufficiently benign for the average instrument trainer is
not common in much of the US. For example, where I'm based IMC
usually means embedded T-storms; unless your trainer has RADAR and/or
Stormscope, that grounds you.

That really does depend where. In the Rockies, IMC usually means
cumulonimbus, cumulo-granite, severe icing, heavy turbulence.

On the other hand, during my instrument training in New England I
accumulated 6 hours of actual, some of it low enough to log "real"
missed approaches (including one off an ILS).

Mark Kolber
APA/Denver, Colorado
www.midlifeflight.com
email? Remove ".no.spam"