Old July 30th 07, 12:53 PM posted to rec.aviation.piloting
Art Zemon

Default Oshkosh Photos (Editing Photos)

On Jul 29, 6:50 pm, Jay Honeck wrote:
The part that kills me about digital photography is the amount of time
it takes to go through and view, enhance and crop them. If it takes
only a minute to do each picture (and I've found it takes longer,
usually), you're looking at over 5 HOURS of time (without a break) on
your computer!

Jay,

That would certainly be true if I edited every photo. I only tweak the
few that I will post and, most of the time, I don't tweak at all.

BTW, Nikon Capture NX http://www.capturenx.com/ makes "basic" image
editing very quick and easy. Highly recommended. It's not Photoshop,
you *cannot* paint or smudge or combine images, etc. But it trivially
corrects lighting, exposure, shadows that are too deep, etc.

Cheers,
-- Art Z.
-- N7430J