Old April 26th 04, 04:23 AM
Jeff

I would think vortex generators would help reduce the stall speed without
causing to much drag and reducing its speed.

Michael 182 wrote:

Before I get flamed, remember this is a seies of questions, not a
statement...

In my 182 I slow the plane, assuming gear is already down, by reducing power
and pitching up. On a laminar flow wing (does the Cirrus have a laminar flow
wing?) I understand that the wing stall happens pretty abruptly - either you
are flying or your not. If that is the case, it seems that speed brakes
would aid in getting the speed under control without as much danger of being
close to the stall speed and pitching up to control airspeed.

All right, I'm done. Have at it...

Michael

"Newps" wrote in message

"Dude" wrote in message
Cirrus could improve their situation vastly by adding speed breaks.

This could reduce the stalls, at least on approach. It would also

reduce
the severe shock cooling they are seeing due to their engine control

system.

How would speed brakes help? Speed brakes do not reduce the speed at

which
a wing stalls.