Old January 3rd 04, 02:57 PM
Chris

"Jeff LeTempt" wrote in message
I think the Velocity only meets one of John's criteria....it can carry 2
people. Everything else is a bust.

Ok, let's go down the list....

Important to Haves :

- could be kept outdoors
- can carry 2 people
- could cruise at 95+ kts
my documentation gives it a 200 kt cruise with a Lycoming IO 540

- has at least reasonable short/soft field performance (say 1500=2000'
grass)
- is relatively cheap to fly
- if I have to build it, it needs to be "easy"
if you're "lazy" or at a lower skill level, you can get most or all
subassemblies
pre-assembled. Can't get much easier than that.

----------------

Nice to Haves :

- side-by-side seating
- could be used to teach my Dad to fly

And this, just from cursory knowledge of the model. I could probably go
even further, but it's 10am on a saturday, and I'd rather get back to sleep.

;-)

Of course, there are many other planes, homebuilt and not, that would fit
alot of his criteria. Velocity just looks to me to be an interesting plane.
Someday I may own one,
but not today.