Old September 16th 04, 02:01 AM
Roy Smith

Default CNX-80 "discontinuity"

When you put a flight plan into the CNX-80, you end up with a
"discontinuity" before the last fix. My habit is to delete the
discontinuity as soon as I finish entering the route. Another
instructor in my club teaches that you should NOT delete the
discontinuity.

I can't see any strong arguments one way or the other. Leaving it in
doesn't seem to hurt anything (except that you get a warning when you
finally arrive at your destination). Taking it out doesn't seem to hurt
anything either.

Can anybody think of any real reason to either insist that it be deleted
or insist that it NOT be deleted?