Old September 7th 07, 07:17 PM posted to rec.aviation.homebuilt,rec.aviation.owning,rec.aviation.piloting
NoneYa

Default ELT Message From FAA

Stuart & Kathryn Fields wrote:
Not too long ago, a friend of mine had an off airport landing in his
helicopter, better make that a crash. His helicopter was destroyed on a
hill with a direct line of sight to the local airport. He suffered only a
sprain but had to walk out several miles to get cell phone coverage. All
this time the ELT was pinging away. When we got to the crash site several
hours later, we turned the ELT off. No one responded to the ELT signal. It
seems that he had been carrying around a device that is normally ignored due
to its false alarm rate. Since the ELTs are not required on aircraft, just
airplanes, I've removed mine and depend on the cell phone and my legs. I
think that my friends ELT provided just a false sense of security and in his
particular case, nothing else.

FAA Technicians and/or the FCC did respond all the time to
ELT signals. FAA staffing is no longer available because all
of the FAA technicians have been replaced by the new FAA
with big bubble butt black women on civil rights staffs
hanging out on the phone or at the local KFC ****ing off on
your IRS tax dime

That is why FAA ELT response has stopped. FAA priorities
have changed from aviation safety to "Kissing the Black
Ass". The false alarm scenario is bull**** to cover for
their ****ed up priorities and reduced staffing.