Old May 13th 08, 04:26 PM posted to rec.aviation.piloting
Bertie the Bunyip[_24_]

Default I give up, after many, many years!

"F. Baum" wrote in news:b28d93a6-5f7f-4a7c-94ee-
:

On May 13, 6:01*am, Bertie the Bunyip wrote:
Well, I only use the airplane's clock in flight, and there's precious
little need for that these days ( I was recently asked why I punch

the
stopwatch passing the marker by a training captain not too long ago)

The
wris****ch is only as a backup in flight. It doesn't have a stop

watch
function at all, though I probably would have one if the airplane

didn't
have one for flying instruments.

The Boeings have nice clocks although like you said, they dont get
used much. All the holds are DME based and I cant remember the last
time anyone here timed an approach. I do wear a $30 timex, but thats
just to make sure I show up on time. It is actually a whatch someone
on this list recomended (I knew I wasnt just waisting my time on this
list).
F Baum

Yeh, I have a Seiko worth maybe 75 that i got as a gift. Mostly for
showing up on time as you say. I still hit the clock passing the marker
every time, though. It's more a spacial awareness type thing now. The
habit comes from giving yourself the ability to revert to a non-
precision if you lost the glide or the ILS altogether or to help you
find the MAP if there was a complete failre. Almost completely redundant
now, but I still do it because it helps my awareness.

Bertie