Old December 27th 03, 05:49 AM
Johnny Bravo

On Mon, 22 Dec 2003 20:30:12 GMT, Chad Irby wrote:

In article ,
"John" wrote:

Cluster munitions aren't terribly manouverable though. And what makes the
think that the radar put there to let the drivers dodge incoming tank-fire
cannot detect incomming cluster-bombs?

"Sir, we have incoming cluster bombs. What do we do?"

"Well, we have to get outside of an area about the size of a football
field in five seconds from a dead stop. Drive north at about 200 MPH
for a while..."

While trying to dodge incoming tank fire, the travel time of which
is less than the average human reaction time; that should be good for
a laugh.

At 2,000 feet I wouldn't want to bet I could move my body out of the
way of a 120mm round APFSDS round while looking directly at the muzzle
and waiting for the flash much less wait for a radar screen to tell me
to move and try to get a 20' vehicle to do it.

of the human mind to correlate all its contents." - H.P. Lovecraft