Old September 6th 11, 02:53 AM
Walt Connelly Walt Connelly is offline
Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Frank Whiteley View Post
On Sep 5, 2:43*am, Hagbard Celine wrote:
I have no other details but do know they were both Invermere locals.

http://www.calgarysun.com/2011/09/05...liders-mourned

"Friends within a tight-knit flying club are still coming to terms
with the loss of two of their own, victims of a deadly mid-air crash
near Windermere, B.C. The men have been identified as Calgary
resident Keith Watson, 50, and Kelowna’s Ray Perino, 59, longtime
sailplane enthusiasts who had become friends through the Canadian
Rockies Soaring Club."
This is the latest I have been able to find. Wait until Cookie reads this.

http://www.canada.com/health/blindne...383/story.html

I guess there are times of day and geographies where being blinded by the sun is a possibility but under such conditions I think I would depart the thermal.

Walt