Old July 1st 03, 03:39 PM
clyde woempner

Why replace anything till it breaks, get your money's worth out of what you
have, as long as it works use it. Now do I sound like the wife??
Clyde

"Jay Honeck" wrote in message
Okay, the interest rates aren't going any lower, and I can refinance our
relatively-small-but-still-fairly-significant aircraft loan for a much

lower
rate, and lower my monthly loan payments to next to nothing.

OR (heh, heh, heh...), I can keep the same monthly payment, and get MORE
(bwa-ha-ha!) money, with which to upgrade my woefully out of date panel.

SO, here's the deal -- I need you guys to help me plan my Oshkosh shopping
trip! Here are the parameters:

1. Figure around $8K to play with.
2. Figure VFR needs only, but with minimal IFR capability. (I will
eventually finish that rating...)

Here's what I've got now:

2 Narco coms
2 Narco VORs, both with glide slope
Narco audio panel
Narco transponder
Narco DME
JPI FS 450 fuel flow meter
PS Engineering CD player/4 place intercom
JPI EDM-700 engine analyzer.

Everything works. We have a hand-held Lowrance Airmap 300 that has just
started acting hinky, and we'll be looking to replace it at OSH.

For the panel, I'm leaning toward installing a good VFR GPS/COM
(UPSAT/Apollo?), leaving one of my Narco coms as "Com 2", and leaving the
Narco VOR Navs "as-is". I'd really like to junk the Narco audio panel,

and
install the PS Engineering one, but I'm not sure if I can swing the

GPS/Com,
the new handheld GPS AND a new audio panel...

What do you guys think? (Or should I install "God's Own Leather

Interior"
instead?
--
Jay Honeck