Old July 1st 03, 04:24 PM

Sydney Hoeltzli wrote:
: It would be nice to have, but for my IFR training, I wanted to be
: roficient at old-school stuff. The GPS will only make it easier...

: HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!

: Spoken like a man who definately doesn't have an IFR approach
: GPS, especially an older model.

I believe we're making the same point. I'm already irritated at having to dial up
obscure identifiers on my VFR GPS (push, push, wind-wind-wind, push, wind-wind-wind, push, etc).
I know that dealing with the unit itself would be a pain, but once it's in a moving map approach
makes things simpler to actually fly. My point was that for learning, I'd rather make it hard
on myself and learn to deal with situational awareness, distractions, and airplane control on
partial panel on the initial rating. Maybe later when actually proficient with this will I
consider making thing easier. Fine line between easy/complacency and difficult/proficiency.

-Cory

* The prime directive of Linux: *
* - learn what you don't know, *
* - teach what you do. *