Old July 18th 03, 02:57 PM
Peter R.

Don Tuite ) wrote:

On Thu, 17 Jul 2003 21:40:47 -0400, Peter R.
wrote:

Don Tuite wrote:

. . .

What do you reckon the phase means?

How about: "A moment when a plane is coming down on approach and it
cannot see the horizon."

But then again, I could be totally wrong. ;-)

No, you're probably on to something there, but with a few exceptions
around big bodies of water I haven't been able to see the horizon on
*any* approach I've ever made. Why would I want to? Why would
military pilots make such a big deal about it that they'd give it a
spooky name?

Sorry, Don, I was joking with you. You had asked for the definition of the
phrase when in reality it was included in the original post to which you
were first replying. I simply cut-n-pasted the definition from the
original post.

--
Peter