Old August 6th 04, 10:38 AM
Bruce Greeff

tango4 wrote:
I'm thinking of claiming a record. I have a valid IGC trace aquired recently
in the Pyrenees during which I climbed to 79275' ( yes seventy nine thousand
two hundred and seventy five feet ) after taking off at 8228' - a 71000 plus
gain of height. The logger was sealed in the glider, a nimbus 3 t, and
still is as is the trace, the flight was witnessed.

Although only dressed in shorts and t shirt I suffered no high altitude
effects and the EDS O2 system worked perfectly. Lift was frequently over 30
m/s although I'm damned if I can remember it being that good.

Anyone interested in the trace can mail me for a copy ( 40 kb )

Regards

Ian

You would not have used one of those little old vacuum pump things to prove a
point would you? ;-)