Old September 3rd 11, 03:14 AM
shkdriver shkdriver is offline
Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ken Latam View Post
Anyone know how much fabric is required to do a recover of a K8 ? In
square meter's or yard's. Looking at picking one up as a possible club
single seater but it needs a recovering job. I'd hate to have to order
twice or order twice as much.

Ken
Hey!
I love to hear when someone is working on these Classics!
2006 polyfiber manual says;

Ka 8b sailplane,
41 linear yards of 70 inch wide fabric, 2 quarts poly-tak, 9.25 gallons poly-brush, 10 gallons poly-spray, 5.5 gallons poly-spray reducer, one 1" & five 2" rolls finish tape (b) bias, one rib lacing roll, one roll 1/2 inch reinforcing tape, 9.25 gallons poly-tone pigmented paint, 2.25 gallons poly-tone reducer, OR, 5.5 gallons aero-thane polyurethane finish, OR, 3.75 gallons ranthane hs polyurethane finish.

when I refinished my SHK I used the ranthane, high gloss, and suitable for composite and fabric surfaces (same gloss over all parts) but harder to repair.

Good Luck!