Old September 11th 06, 05:30 PM posted to rec.aviation.piloting
Robert M. Gary

Default Rotation

Mike Rapoport wrote:
Depends on where you have the trim set which is always a compromise. If the
trim is set so that there is no nose down trimming required after takeoff,
then it will take quite a bit of pull to get the aircraft to rotate and in
the initial climb. If the aircraft is trimmed so that only a moderate
amount of force is required to rotate then it will require pushing on the
yoke and retrimming after takeoff as the airplane accelerates.

The trim setting is correct for one speed and configuration (power and flap)
and since the airplane is accelerating, the trim is going to need to be
changed.

Mike,
I think trim is just academic is MSFS because there is no control
feedback. The OP is probably setting the elevator with too much back
pressure but doesn't know it because he doesn't have the feedback.
Honestly, if you asked me what position the yoke is in on take off, I
probably couldn't tell you. In real life we expect the yoke to go to
its trim position, something that doesn't make sense in a simulator
that does not have feedback controls.
-Roebrt