View Single Post
Old May 10th 18, 09:52 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Renny[_2_]
external usenet poster

Default Iran and GPS etc

On Thursday, May 10, 2018 at 12:21:16 PM UTC-6, Charlie M. (UH & 002 owner/pilot) wrote:
Not commenting on this general thread.......
Not commenting on the sometimes GPS accuracy in the US.
Example......decades ago........seeing a track that went from Harris Hill to Europe and back.....in a few seconds. This while the glider and tracker were sitting on the grid at HHSC.......
I was there.
I saw the trace.
Pretty much NO WAY any government could cover that ground in that time.
I believe it was called, "military dithering" of the signal, because, government.

Charlie - We have seen that type of bizarre GPS trace in New Mexico on several occasions over the years. We had one logger trace a few years ago that had Howard Banks flying at hundreds of miles per hour to the SW and then back in a few seconds. Now, Howard always flew quite fast in his 27, but even for Howard, going supersonic was...well....unlikely. Being that we fly in New Mexico and given that Moriarty is not too far from Corona and Roswell (the crash site from 1947 is actually closer to Corona than Roswell) we usually figure it is just more alien interference (something we are quite used to), but it is possible that our friends at the White Sands Missile Range may have "something" to do with it.....maybe.....but.....I still think it is aliens....