Old April 28th 05, 09:08 PM
Mortimer Schnerd, RN

NW_PILOT wrote:
I would not say that we are glorifying recklessness, if it wasn't for people
you call reckless we would still be living in caves. Most of us that are in
to flying or other extreme hobbies have a huge respect for life but also
have that need for that adrenalin.

There's a big difference between how you and I see flying. I don't consider it
an "extreme hobby" and do what I can to make sure it stays that way. I don't
look to flying for a rush... I look at it as a technically demanding activity
that provides a lot of satisfaction when done well. I learned a long time ago
it's much more difficult to be smooth on the controls. Any moron can yank the
controls to produce G.

I my-self wake up every day and am very
thankful that I don't have to stick a needle in my arm or suck something up
my nose to get that rush, I have many many other activity's like flying to
get that feeling.

No doubt you'll get it. As the redneck said right before he died, "Hey
y'all.... watch this!"

You will Die one day that's a fact of Life!! You cannot hide from it! You
cannot run from it! So embrace the Life you have been given and enjoy it
with every breath you take because you may never know when it may be your
last.

I suspect I can probably plan a little more long term than you. I learned a
long time ago that lightning doesn't always strike the other fellow; sometimes
it might get you. That being said, does one hide out underground afraid of
every rumble? No, he should go out and live his life, but at the same time he
should do what he can to minimize his risk. Some things just aren't worth
doing.

One other thought, my fatalistic friend: have you ever considered that perhaps
instead of getting killed, you merely get hurt severely? Having crashed an
airplane and suffering an incomplete amputation followed by reattachment of my
arm, I would suggest that there are worse things that can happen to you than
getting killed. You need to consider this before you do something else ill
advised.

--
Mortimer Schnerd, RN

VE